At your first consultation, you can discuss your problem and there will also be an examination. Dr. Stilwell will provide you with an assessment of your problem however sometimes some further information may be required. If this is the case, you may be referred for further tests.
If you are having in-office treatment, remember the following:
- You must inform Dr. Stilwell about any medications that you are on and may be required to stop taking non-steroidal anti-inflammatory medication 2 weeks before receiving therapy.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol one week before the therapy.
- Ensure you are getting proper nourishment and are well rested to create a healthy environment for your body to be able to repair itself.
- If you had treatment performed on an extremity (leg, knee, hand or elbow), keep that extremity elevated and use ice as directed. This will help decrease swelling and pain.
- Take your pain medicine as directed. Begin the pain medicine as you start getting uncomfortable, but before you are in severe pain. If you wait to take your pain medication until the pain is severe, you will have more difficulty controlling the pain.
Dr. Stilwell is committed to the latest technologies and continues to explore the newest advances in medical treatment of joint and sports injuries with a special interest in Regenerative Medicine, which includes procedures such as platelet-rich plasma (“PRP”), stem cell therapy, viscosupplementation and others. She is dedicated to reducing pain and improving function to achieve a better quality of life for each of her patients.
Following your procedure, Dr. Stilwell will provide specific instructions on caring , medications you need to take and complications to look out for.
At each follow up visit, please keep Dr. Stilwell informed of your recovery/progress and contact us for any health concerns you have in between visits. Please call the office to make appointments for your visits.
Various follow-up visits may include:
- Routine 6-week post-procedure review appointment
- On-going 3/6/12 monthly reviews for monitoring